- Job Department: Culinary
- Job Type: Full Time
- Job Location: NLB Campus (Cumming, Georgia)
- FLSA Status: Exempt
- Reports To: COO
Full Job Description
The Culinary Director is responsible for coordinating all food service activities for residents, staff, and visitors at No Longer Bound. He/she will oversee all culinary activities, including the planning of menu items, ordering supplies, and preparation and cooking of meals. He/she will also supervise, support, and train the residents working in NLB Culinary.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Handles all administrative duties of the Culinary Department
- Estimates food and beverage costs and requisitions or purchases supplies.
- Monitors budgets and reviews financial transactions to ensure that expenditures are authorized and budgeted.
- Schedules and receives food and beverage deliveries and pickups, checking delivery contents to verify product quality and quantity.
- Maintains food and equipment inventories, and keeps inventory records.
- Arranges for equipment purchases or repairs
- Plans and Prepares the food served at No Longer Bound
- Plans the daily menus
- Investigates and resolves food quality and service complaints.
- Prepare and cook foods of all types, producing balanced meals with a variety of options
- Ensures that the food in storage meets adequate levels of nutrition and sustenance
- Ensures that the program follows policies and procedures and meets federal and state requirements
- Inspects food and food preparation to maintain quality standards and sanitation regulations
- Establishes standards for personnel performance and customer service.
- Monitors compliance with health and fire regulations regarding food preparation, serving, and the dining facilities.
- Inspect supplies, equipment, or work areas to ensure conformance to established standards.
- Directs the cleaning of the dining area and kitchen
- Trains and leads residents working in NLB Culinary
- Coordinates assignments of cooking personnel to ensure economical use of food and timely preparation.
- Supervise/coordinate activities of residents engaged in food preparation.
- Instruct residents in the preparation, cooking, garnishing, or presentation of food.
- Demonstrate new cooking techniques or equipment to staff.
- Participates in the clinical requirements of an industry leader, which includes participating in monthly Treatment Plan meetings and regular documentation for each resident working in NLB Culinary.
- Education: Associate’s degree in culinary arts
- 2-3 years of experience in restaurant management
- At least 6 years of experience in culinary management would be a plus.
- Must have knowledge of large quantity meal preparation, menu planning, and completing state, federal, and local reports
- Physical Demands: Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds, work standing or walking for a full work day, and be capable of performing outside duties under all weather conditions occasionally
- Confidentiality and privacy regarding all matters involving the residents and potential residents.
- Skilled in time and goal management, oral and written communication, along with being adaptable and flexible.
- Experienced in conflict resolution, and able to work in a fast paced, dynamic and changing environment.
- Able to perform writing, administration, and data entry into multiple systems.
- Be service oriented and able to comply with the organization’s Code of Conduct, all regulatory and contractual requirements, organizational policies, procedures, and internal controls.