Thrift Store Processing Associate
Job Department: NLB Thrift
Job Type: Part-Time
Job Location: Cumming, Georgia or Woodstock Georgia
Benefits: Employee discount
Schedule: Monday to Friday
Hours per week: 20-29
Work Remotely: No
Full Job Description
No Longer Bound is a faith-based organization for men struggling with addiction. NLB Thrift Stores directly funds our mission to rescue addicts, regenerate men and reconcile families. The Processing Associate assists in the daily operations of the NLB Thrift Store, including receiving donations, customer assistance, sorting and pricing donations, and furniture moving.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Assist with moving and pricing furniture
- Assist with moving recycling items
- Greet and thank customers
- Assist customers with questions
- Hang, price, and organize clothing
- Sort and price donated merchandise
- Cleaning (sweeping, dusting, etc.)
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Must possess good organizational and communication skills.
- Must possess excellent customer service skills.
- Must be punctual and reliable.
- Ability to work as an effective team member.
- Many tasks involve standing or walking around the store, and some moderate lifting ( >40 lbs).
- Must be able to occasionally assist in picking up furniture donations (should be able to lift at least 75 pounds).
- Supportive and fairness-focused
- Cooperative and collaborative