Thrift Store Retail Sales Associate
Job Department: NLB Thrift (Operations/Retail)
Job Type: Full-Time or Part-Time; Hourly
Job Location: Cumming, Georgia, Woodstock Georgia, or Dawsonville, Georgia
Reports To: Thrift Store Manager
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Full Job Description
Works under the direction of the Retail Management team in carrying out all retail operations in the store, including, but not limited to, register operations, customer service, store appearance and displays and employee interactions.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Assist the Retail Management team in register transactions including handling of cash, checks and credit card payments and any non-cash purchases, in order to ensure the accuracy and security of all transactions.
Work with the Retail Management team to establish and maintain customer service standards in order to ensure compliance with NLB Thrift Stores’ Mission Statement and to provide a pleasant shopping experience for each customer.
Work with store staff, in maintaining the physical appearance of the store, including, but not limited to: communicating and restocking of janitorial and restroom supplies, removing safety hazards, picking up store merchandise and restoring to proper place, cleaning parking lot, sidewalks, windows and doors, store floors, restrooms and other public areas, to ensure the safety and health of customers and employees.
Assist store staff, in stocking store shelves and clothing racks, in order to provide customers with maximum shopping opportunities.
Under the direction of the Retail Management team, assist store staff, as needed, to set up or change store displays in order to provide a pleasant shopping environment and to entice customers to shop new areas or items within the store.
Communicate, daily, all events related to customer service issues or problems, register mistakes, employee issues or accidents, and general store operations to the manager, in order to ensure all issues are handled properly and in accordance with company policies and procedures.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Must be a people person with a pleasant and willing attitude.
- Experience in retail operations preferred.
- Excellent communication skills (both oral and written) with an excellent command of the English language.
- Excellent math and money handling skills.
- Must have a commitment to NLB Thrift Stores’ Mission.
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written or oral form.
- Ability to operate a cash register and credit card machine.
- Ability to operate general office machines, copier, fax, printers, scanners.
- Must be detail-oriented and have solid organizational skills.
- Must be a problem solver and be able to work with a minimum of supervision and take initiative.
- Must possess a demonstrable level of skill and proficiency in planning so to meet established goals.
- Stand – Up to 75% of a standard work day.
- Walk – Up to 75% of a standard work day.
- Sit – Less than 25% of a standard work day.
- Use hands to perform required duties – Up to 100% of a standard work day.
- Lifting and Bending – Up to 75% of a standard work day.
- Talk or hear – As needed throughout a standard work day.
Moderate physical activity on a daily basis, with occasional strenuous activity. Able to lift at least 50 pounds. Use hands to lift, sort, clean, organize throughout a standard work day. Must use hands to type, handle documents and money, stock shelves and clean.
- Supportive and fairness-focused
- Cooperative and collaborative