No Longer Bound’s Cars4Recovery directly supports men in recovery, as well providing valuable training opportunities to prepare these men for new careers.
Repaired vehicles are sold or donated through other charitable outlets. Men learn basic mechanic skills and minister to the community by providing affordable transportation to those in need.
We accept donations of automobiles, boats, motorcycles, RV’s, trailers, and anything else on wheels. One hundred percent of all proceeds benefit men in recovery.
We will gladly arrange the pickup of the donated vehicle as well as handle all of the necessary receipts and IRS paperwork. As a 501(c)(3) non-profit, we can ensure that you will be qualified for a full tax deduction on your donation.
If you are a church or other charitable organization that is not equipped to process automobile donations, consider No Longer Bound as an outsourced provider for vehicle donation services.
For more information on the tax benefits of donating your automobile, click over to the “How It Works” tab.
No Longer Bound relies on tax-deductible donations of all types of vehicles to support addiction recovery for the men in the program.
1. You can either drop off your car on campus, or schedule a time for us to tow it to campus.
Your vehicle does not have to run. We take vehicles in a variety of conditions.
2. We take care of all the paperwork.
For sales $500 or less, you will receive a Donation Receipt. For sales greater than $500, we will send you a 1098-c Tax Form.
3. Current residents in No Longer Bound’s program restore and sell vehicles back in to the community.
Men are instructed under a master mechanic and learn right in the auto shop on campus. Total restoration of a car is always our goal. However, we strive to be good stewards and invest the proper balance of labor and resources. As a result, we may restore, wholesale, or part-out and recycle. Each option provides valuable returns.
According to the IRS, the following rules apply when you donate your car:
1. A qualified vehicle is any motor vehicle manufactured for use on public streets, roads, and highways, a boat, or an airplane.
2. If you donate your car and claim a deduction of more than $500, you can deduct the smaller of the gross proceeds from the organization’s sale of the vehicle, or you can deduct the vehicle’s fair market value on the date of the contribution.
By donating your vehicle to No Longer Bound, you can take advantage of the two exceptions to these rules:
1. No Longer Bound makes a significant intervening use of or material improvement to the vehicle before transferring it, and you can generally deduct the vehicle’s fair market value at the time of the contribution. By utilizing our auto shop program, we make significant improvement in the majority of our donated cars before we sell them. This allows you to maximize your tax deduction.
2. Sometimes, No Longer Bound gives the vehicle, or sells it for a price well below fair market value to a needy individual to further the organization’s charitable purpose. If that’s the case for your car, you can generally claim a deduction of the fair market value at the time of the contribution. Many of our donated vehicles are sold to program graduates or needy families in the community. Again, your automobile donation to No Longer Bound can maximize your tax deduction.
770.886.7873 Ext. 181
Vehicle Sale Days
Office / Donation Hours